Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy 1 Year



It was on May 6th 2012 that I met the love of my life at a Root beer Float Birthday Party. I didn't know it then but my life was about to change forever and only in the best way! Fast forward to May 6th 2013 when Luke and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. The day started off like any other, I had some weird dream that swept away my beloved Rudy. Anyway, after waking up and finishing yet another successful day at my job, I come home to find white roses in a milk jar on my night stand along with a gift and letter. I was pleasantly surprised and just finishing Luke's letter to me when I hear a knock at the door. I open it to find yet another surprise!


Here is my love and a puppy named Rodney that he'd reserved from Puppies For Rent. After going to one of their events at a near by duck pond, I fell in love with a puppy named Toby and had begged Luke to rent a puppy for us to play with. This being the case, I was only too happy when Luke showed up at the door with Rodney! We took little Rodney to Kiwanis Park even though there was a light drizzle. Poor little thing  got tired fast not to mention I was a bit chilly so it was time to go back home for a quick nap.


After waking up a rather groggy baby Rodney, we opened Luke's gift. Inside were a pair of Nike's that he'd mentioned he'd wanted ages ago. Though in my mind I feel like he has 12 pairs of Nike's too many, I figure the guy deserved something he actually wanted. We had waited until Rodney was up again to open the gift thinking he'd want to play with the paper, surprisingly enough he didn't and would have been much happier sleeping. However little Rodney was back in action once again when we took him outside to wait for his ride. Too soon it was time to say adieu to our favorite black lab but the memories will not be forgotten!



Then it was off to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. For reasons I cant explain, eating is always my favorite thing to do with Luke. We will be driving and I'll see a restaurant and exclaim we will have to go there for a date! There is hardly ever a time that I will say, "wow we haven't  gone and exercised in a while, lets do that on our next date." Dinner was everything I'd expected and more. I died laughing two times when we talked about my previous cat blog post (I'd accused Luke of not reading it and lying to me; I was laughing so hard because I thought it was cute how hard he was trying to convince me he had when all he was pulling up were vague recollections.) and my description of how Nike had his new shoe box on display (they only had half the box and I'd meant bottom half while he thought only one shoe could fit). The laughing got dangerously out of hand when I choked on my Sprite sputtering it all over the table. Fortunately we had finished eating and Luke didn't get too grossed out. 

I literally couldn't have asked for a better day and it was all thanks to my love Luke. I am so glad to have such an incredible guy in my life that makes each day special. If it wasn't for him falling in love with all my weirdness I'd still be prowling around for my better half!



No comments:

Post a Comment